Saturday, August 11, 2012

Isla Guadalupe's Best Shark Week Ever?

Jaques, one of the regulars at Isla Guadalupe
Are you excited about the upcoming Shark Week? ....well, so am I.

The wait is finally over. We leave tonight to Isla Guadalupe for our very own "Shark Week", hopefully the best ever!

I've been going down to Guadalupe for the last 10 years, and I'm super excited to go see my old friends again.

Many of you know about Shredder, Bruce, Bite Face, Jaques, Lucy, Chuggy and the list goes on.

As a matter of fact, we now have 124 individual sharks identified. How many will we add this year? Who's going to be back? I can't wait to find out. It never gets old.

If anything, after 10 years I'm even more excited to hear the familiar "White Shaaaaaaaark!" yell from our crew for the first shark of the day, kind of a boat tradition for us.

I know I'm not the only one that feels that way as I'm looking forward to a few of you coming back, some for the 3rd 4th and 5th time this year.

I will keep you posted with regular trip reports and updates from the Island.

Let's go shark diving!

Cheers,

Martin Graf
Dive Operations Manager
Shark Diver/Horizon
Isla Guadalupe, Mexico

About Shark Diver. As a global leader in commercial shark diving and conservation initiatives Shark Diver has spent the past decade engaged for sharks around the world. Our blog highlights all aspects of both of these dynamic and shifting worlds. You can reach us directly at sharkcrew@gmail.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was able to come back this year. The week I spent on the Horizon last September I will never forget. Say Hi to Shredder for me!

Bev Downie

Anonymous said...

See you in a couple weeks Martin! Not sure if I'm more excited to see my friends with fins or friends on the crew of the Horizon more.

Mark Denstedt