Today the C.B jumped into the issue of commercial shark diving in Hawaii. Like us Chumslick understands the positive benefits of commercial shark diving encounters - done right.
Read the post.
If commercial shark diving in Hawaii is to survive the virtual onslaught of anti-shark diving sentiment being levied against it by a handful of islanders, politico's and malcontents, the following industry wide help will be needed.
1. 10 "30 second" pro-shark industry you tube videos featuring well known dive industry names
2. Letters from industry filmmakers and photographers to tourism Hawaii and government
3. Letters from wholesale and regional tourism companies who book Hawaii or the region
4. Pro Hawaii shark diving website that ties in all these elements
5. Pro bono distribution and op ed articles on scuba websites and industry news wires
This is not rocket science, it is Media 101. Hanging in the balance are two good shark diving companies with unblemished track records and thousands of satisfied customers.
As an industry member you can support these operations, without your support these operators future remains in grave doubt. What's a stake is the future of other sites when Hawaii closes down shark diving in their waters forever.