Projects Abroad has an opening for a Open Water SCUBA instructor, with a Marine Biology degree. This is your chance to do really do something for shark- and marine conservation. Who wouldn't want to live in Fiji, save the sharks and get paid for it? Mike is right, this is truly an opportunity of a lifetime!We offer cage diving with great white sharks at Isla Guadalupe, where you will be swimming with shark, on our shark expedition, with tiger-sharks, bull sharks,
Here are the details from Mike's blog.
- To carry out shark research in line with our Conservation Management Plan.
- Coordinate scientific work with our international and local project partners.
- Help develop and grow future scientific projects on a local and global scale.
- Train research volunteers in all aspects of our scientific work.
- Organisation and coordination of all field and related activities.
- Supervise research volunteers.
- Data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Assist with teaching of dive courses when needed.
- Marine Science Degree or similar
- PADI OWSI or higher
- First Aid certification
- Fluent in English
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Very flexible approach to work
- Long term commitment (min 1 year)
- Proven experience of working with sharks is a big advantage.
- 1 year contract with view to extend, subject to a 3 month probation period.
- Basic salary
- 3 meals a day
- Comprehensive insurance
- Return flight to your home country after 1 year
- Visa related expenses
- Internet and phone
- Two days off a week
- Excellent in country support and benefits
- Working with some of the world's most renowned shark scientists and experts.
Please only apply if you have the relevant experience.
Only success applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is: 10th February 2014.
Send a cover letter, CV and photo to Andy Hill:
You can find all the details about the project here.
Good luck - and hopefully, c'ya real soon in Fiji!
Thanks for making us aware of this!
Shark DiverGreat White Shark expeditions at Isla Guadalupe, diving with Bull sharks, swimming with Hammerhead sharks, free diving with Bull Sharks in Fiji are specialties of Shark Diver
About Shark Diver. As a global leader in commercial shark diving and conservation initiatives Shark Diver has spent the past decade engaged for sharks around the world. Our blog highlights all aspects of both of these dynamic and shifting worlds. You can reach us directly at email@example.com