- Manage campaign consultants and their activities, in support of the development and implementation of shark sanctuaries and other national level shark conservation measures in target regions of the world, such as in Latin America or the Pacific.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with decision makers, government officials and national and international institutions, as well as relevant NGOs in the field.
- Assist in the development and success of a clear and focused strategy to meet identified campaign goals at the global, regional and national level.
- Represent the Pew Environment Group and the campaign at meetings and events where shark conservation policies will be discussed.
- Assist in monitoring, analyzing and influencing emerging shark policy proposals at regional fisheries management organizations (International Convention on the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT), InterAmerican Tropical Tuna Commission (IATTC) and the Western Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC) and other intergovernmental bodies such as the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna (CITES).
- Develop and coordinate the production and dissemination of scientific and policy documents, and outreach materials for campaign shark conservation efforts.
About Shark Diver. As a global leader in commercial shark diving and conservation initiatives Shark Diver has spent the past decade engaged for sharks around the world. Our blog highlights all aspects of both of these dynamic and shifting worlds. You can reach us directly at email@example.com.